The 2020 W-2 forms will be available by January 31, 2020.
Electronic W-2s can be accessed by following the directions below.
- Go to: Employee Self-Service
- Log in using the same credentials used for your App State email
- Respond to Duo 2-factor authentication and you will land on the Employee Dashboard page
- Click “Taxes” on the Employee Dashboard page
- Under Taxes choose "W-2 Wage and Tax Statement"
- Select the Tax Year and Employer or Institution
- Click on "Display" to review and/or print your Form W-2
Paper W-2 forms will be mailed by January 31, 2020 for employees who have not consented to receive their W-2s electronically. Paper W-2 forms will not be mailed to campus departments or available for pick up in the Payroll Office due to COVID-19 pandemic. All paper W-2 forms will be mailed to the employees’ Human Resources-Alumni Address in Banner.
What you should know about FFCRA in your W-2
If applicable FFCRA wages are included in the gross amounts reported in boxes 1, 3, and 5 of the W-2.
The Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has additionally required that FFCRA wages paid in 2020 be reported separately in Box 14 of the W-2 or on a separate statement for the employee.
Included in Box 14 of your W-2, if applicable, are amounts paid to you as qualified sick leave wages or qualified family leave wages under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Specifically, up to three types of paid qualified sick leave wages or qualified family leave wages are reported in Box 14 and may appear as follows:
- SK511: Sick leave wages subject to the $511 per day limit because of care you required;
- SK200: Sick leave wages subject to the $200 per day limit because of care you provided to another; and
- FFCRAFM: Emergency family leave wages.
For more information on FFCRA, please contact the Office of Human Resources